[dm-crypt] Is partial LUKS recovery possible?

Miklos Bagi miklos.bagi at mbjr.hu
Thu Dec 2 13:15:52 CET 2010

Apologies for replying my own post.

I believe I found the not so happy answer for me in Dr. Wagner's monthly
FAQ.

Is it possible to provide salt manually?
Implementing a simple logic may allow re-generating the original header
in case something bad happens, but I admit it makes sense keeping
backups of lhdrs somewhere safe.

Thanks,
Miklos