[dm-crypt] cryptsetup and loop-AES devices

Arno Wagner arno at wagner.name
Sat Dec 4 02:31:20 CET 2010

One thing you can try is to compile and run your own kenrel.
I have been doing that with Debian for 6-7 years now, without
any major issues. Its not even a "sort-of" Debian kernel,
just a hard boot of a kernel from kernel.org without initrd,
both with modules and anything statically compiled in. I
am currently running 2.6.36.1 with lenny.

I have never used loop-AES, but a short look at the instructions
at  http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/loop-AES.README seems to
indicate the module and tools can be built up to including the
upcomming 2.6.37 kernel.

Arno