[dm-crypt] Updated: Monthly FAQ posting 12/2010

Arno Wagner arno at wagner.name
Sun Dec 5 04:10:28 CET 2010

On Sat, Dec 04, 2010 at 06:26:28PM -0800, Viorel Tabara wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Dec 2010 04:07:25 +0100, Arno Wagner <arno at wagner.name> wrote to
> dm-crypt at saout.de and CC-ed to :
> >
> > In addition, I fixed some formatting issues. In the process I am learning
> > that ASCII text formatting is a lot more difficult that I thought ;-)
> >
> The Monthly FAQ is for me a great way to understand LUKS and encryption (e.g.
> salts :) hence I welcome it and looking forward to the next ones.

Thanks :-)
> I write documentation quite frequently using reST and (as you might know) it
> does require formatting. Vim makes it easy.
> What did you find difficult?

I should have said "automated formatting". I use the Google wiki
sources with markup as the master version and have written a Python
script that converts and reformats it to reasonable plain ASCII.
I did find another 3 errors in the script yesterday. Originally
I thought this was next to tivial. :-/