[dm-crypt] problem cryptdisks_start

Milan Broz mbroz at redhat.com
Fri Dec 24 11:01:55 CET 2010

On 12/24/2010 10:28 AM, Milan Broz wrote:
> On 12/23/2010 10:39 PM, Benno Rieger wrote:
>> Most time (but not everytime) when i call cryptdisks_start it reports:
>> #cryptdisks_start extern0
>> Starting crypto disk...extern0 (starting)...
>> semid 2293761: semop failed for cookie 0xd4d580e: incorrect semaphore
>> state
> This is problem in device-mapper library (which cryptsetup uses).
> Which version you have installed? What architecture it is?
> (I remember similar bug on ppc here which as fixed upstream)

FYI - check that this patch (included in device-mapper 1.02.49)

Fix semctl parameter (union) to avoid misaligned parameter on some arches.

(and possible others) is included (I see on Debian unstable still use 1.02.48).

If not, please report bug to Debian. It is not easy to convince Debian lvm/dm
maintainer to do an update there, though:-)