[dm-crypt] AES-XTS performance

Milan Broz mbroz at redhat.com
Tue Nov 16 13:00:08 CET 2010

On 11/16/2010 12:32 PM, Igor Novgorodov wrote:
> Such big difference between read and write speed is by design?
> Or it is a problem of my setup? Maybe i should try to disable
> hyperthreading and check again?

That should be probably improved later.
(btw I just fixed stacking there, it was written by Andi Kleen).

Anyway, now I need to check that there is no known data corruption
with this approach and then we can add another patches on top of it.
(Targeted for 2.6.38, it missed 2.6.37 merge window already.)

(If anyone see some reproducible data corruption when using this patch,
please let me know.)