[dm-crypt] Fwd: [pkg-cryptsetup-devel] Thanks for packaging cryptsetup!

Jonas Meurer jonas at freesources.org
Wed Aug 17 01:00:48 CEST 2011

Hey,

got this thank-you message by a user of cryptsetup yesterday. Thought it
would be nice to share with upstream and community ;-)

greetings,
 jonas

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: [pkg-cryptsetup-devel] Thanks for packaging cryptsetup!
Datum: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 10:23:39 -0600
Von: green <green***********>
An: cryptsetup at packages.debian.org

For Debian Appreciation Day, I made a list of the Debian packages I really
like, removed some mainstream packages that everyone likes (eg. ssh) and
then
reduced that list to the very *best* ones, those that I consider excellent
software and that without doubt have increased my productivity. One
would not
really think of cryptsetup as increasing productivity, but it actually
might
if I can go ahead and store sensitive information without concern about
it in
the event of hardware being is lost or stolen. So cryptsetup is one of only
22 packages that made it to my "special" list. Thanks lots, and feel
free to
forward to upstream or related projects if someone needs kudos!