[dm-crypt] The weird bug again: semid XXXXXX: semop failed for cookie 0xdeadbeef: incorrect semaphore state

Alexander Koch mail at alexanderkoch.net
Wed Aug 17 13:22:23 CEST 2011

> What says "ipcs -s" (with and without chromium running)?
I get an empty list, no matter if chromium is running or not:

  [alex at thor ~]$ LC_ALL=C ipcs -s

  ------ Semaphore Arrays --------
  key        semid      owner      perms      nsems

> Will increasing number of system semaphores help (first number)?
> sysctl -a |grep sem
Default was 250, increasing to 1000 had no effect:

  [alex at thor ~]$ sudo vgchange -an ArchiveGroup
    0 logical volume(s) in volume group "ArchiveGroup" now active
    semid 557056: semop failed for cookie 0xd4d88de: incorrect semaphore
state
    Failed to set a proper state for notification semaphore identified
by cookie value 223185118 (0xd4d88de) to initialize waiting for incoming
notifications.

Besides, I got this message in the logs, don't know if this could be
related:

chromium-sandbo (2120): /proc/2118/oom_adj is deprecated, please use
/proc/2118/oom_score_adj instead.

Greetings

Alex