[dm-crypt] The weird bug again: semid XXXXXX: semop failed for cookie 0xdeadbeef: incorrect semaphore state

Milan Broz mbroz at redhat.com
Wed Aug 17 13:30:59 CEST 2011

On 08/17/2011 12:48 PM, Milan Broz wrote:
>> For chromium, it might be that the default sandboxing (setuid one) uses
>> PID and network namespaces. Not sure why it'd mess with semaphores, but
>> maybe there's something to look at there.

It is apparently related to sandboxing, namely to using namespaces
(You need kernel support for it to reproduce. See about:sandbox in chromium.)

I would really like to know what crazy is chromium doing to global
system.

Despite I like the idea of sandboxing I have to ask
why it is part of "browser" and not some separate package.
What's next? Bundled kernel? :)

Also installing setuid /usr/lib64/chromium/chromium-sandbox ...
Not even man page for it. Sigh...