[dm-crypt] dm-crypt on SSD gives regular file corruption and segfaults

Arno Wagner arno at wagner.name
Tue Dec 27 08:46:12 CET 2011

Corruption and crashes in combination are almost always
RAM and sometimes CPU (overclocked), mainboard and PSU
(old or low-quality).
For this reason there is a long text in the cryptsetup
FAQ section on troubleshooting that deals with testing
RAM.

Not nice, as the only wa to fix this is replacement
(and I know that quite a few people cannot just pay
for new RAM without thinking about where to get the
money), but a fact of consumer-grade hardware.

Arno