[dm-crypt] Remote Passphrase management

Arno Wagner arno at wagner.name
Fri Jul 1 12:01:51 CEST 2011

Hi Karan,

there is no passphrase reset function. However you can
set multiple passphrases with LUKS and can, e.g.,
put a recovery passphrase in a specific slot. You
can then make a header backup and store it in a database,
in order to be able to reinstall that recovery passphrase.
With ssh as root to the laptops, you can do
this remotely and, as allways on Linux/Unix,
scripted. There really is not need for a special
"tool".

Arno