[dm-crypt] Partition mandatory?

Patrick mailorp at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 17:25:59 CEST 2011

Thank you for your quick and clear answer Milan! Tha'ts really great! :D

So, in the case of such a header destruction by an "old" OS, I think it
is still possible to restore the header I saved using

_luksHeaderBackup_ <device> --header-backup-file <file>

doing

_luksHeaderRestore_ <device> --header-backup-file <file>

Correct?

Best regards,

Patrick