[dm-crypt] luks, swap and crash

François Chenais francois.chenais at gmail.com
Mon May 2 21:21:41 CEST 2011

2011/5/2 Arno Wagner <arno at wagner.name>

> What do you mean by "crash"?

Crash = the computer is frozen, nothing happens. The only way to bring it
back to life is to power off/on.

I knew U'll ask me some logs but ... :)

  Actually, I have no logs because log files are written on encrypted file
system and the file system
  is encrypted at boot time; each time with at new unknown random key ; so I
have NO file, NO LOG, Nothing,
  as in a black hole !:P

  I don't have change anything because it's a production server.
  I need to take time to reproduce the crash on a test machine.

... but I'm interested about the list feedback about same experience.

  The system is CentOS 5.5.