[dm-crypt] luks, swap and crash

Arno Wagner arno at wagner.name
Tue May 3 06:37:54 CEST 2011

Ok, hard freeze is not good.

One thing you could try is a serial console. This needs only
a boot option to the kernel.

CentOS 5.5 is also pretty recent.

Unless Milan knows what is going on here, a recreation in
a test machine would probably be the best next step.

Hmm, do you by any chance encrypt swap _twice_?

BTW, pretty peculiar setup. I take it this machine installs
itself from an image to the encrypted filesystem (with random
key) on boot? JUst out of curiosity, how long does that
take?

Arno