[dm-crypt] luks, swap and crash

François Chenais francois.chenais at gmail.com
Tue May 3 09:28:31 CEST 2011

2011/5/3 Arno Wagner <arno at wagner.name>

> Ok, hard freeze is not good.
>
> One thing you could try is a serial console. This needs only
> a boot option to the kernel.
>
> CentOS 5.5 is also pretty recent.

Even if the kernel is patched, the version 2.6.18 is not so recent :P
The system used version 1.0.3 of cryptsetup :/

 Unless Milan knows what is going on here, a recreation in
> a test machine would probably be the best next step.
>
> Hmm, do you by any chance encrypt swap _twice_?

Hmmm, why _twice_ and what for ?

BTW, pretty peculiar setup. I take it this machine installs
> itself from an image to the encrypted filesystem (with random
> key) on boot? JUst out of curiosity, how long does that
> take?

Just temporary FS are encrypted. So the time spent depends of the size of
the
FS. But sure, it's not user friendly :D

François