[dm-crypt] The weird bug again: semid XXXXXX: semop failed for cookie 0xdeadbeef: incorrect semaphore state

Sebastian Steinhuber sebastian.steinhuber at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 3 16:32:11 CET 2011

Am 23.08.2011 13:51, schrieb Milan Broz:
> My simple patch was just committed to driver's git, so it will appear shortly
> in linux-next. There is cc to stable so I think it will appear in stable
> update later.
>
> If anyone want to try it:
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/8/22/155
>
> Thanks,
> Milan

Hi!
It seems that the patch was committed to 2.6.32 and 2.6.33 for now,
according to LKML.
However, I reproduced the behavior with chromium and google-chrome.
Maybe the patch was not commited to mainline:

"semid 688130: semop failed for cookie 0xd4d5abf: incorrect semaphore state
Failed to set a proper state for notification semaphore identified by
cookie value 223173311 (0xd4d5abf) to initialize waiting for incoming
notifications."

I'm running debian unstable with a customized vanilla kernel 3.0.7 with
vserver patch, cryptsetup 1.3.0, udev 172, chromium 14.0, google-chrome
15.0.

Best,
Sebastian