[dm-crypt] LiveUSB encrypted.

Arno Wagner arno at wagner.name
Thu Nov 10 11:30:27 CET 2011

Hi Marcos,

I actually do not know in detail. Basically you need a
bootloader to load kernel and initrd, and the initrd then needs
to decrypt the encrypted root partition and mount it as such.

Personally I do not use initrd in my own installations.
For encrypted data on USB, an encrypted user area is quite
enough for me. (I use knoppix, it offers to create one
when booted from USB stick the first time).

There are some people on the list, that have worked on
something like you want. Maybe search the archves and ask
them directly.

Arno