[dm-crypt] please HELP - can't acces encrypted LVM after linux reinstallation.

Aleksander Swirski aleksanderswirski at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 17:48:09 CEST 2011

I used encryption, because it was there in the debian installer, but didn't
realize all the details (and dangers) behind it. Till yesterday I didn't
know about header backups, so I don't have one. The thing is I can access
the crypt partition. Is it maybe possible, to find shadow of former header,
as it is possible to find shadow of old partition and its files, after a new
one is created in its place? Except password re-set (to same passphrase) all
the rest was intact just before restart.