[dm-crypt] please HELP - can't acces encrypted LVM after linux reinstallation.

Aleksander Swirski aleksanderswirski at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 17:08:08 CET 2011

I fully agree. I managed to retrieve all crucial passwords (fortunately I
remembered most of them and was able to reset the rest). The web pages I
was working with are on servers, and many materials in my e-mail history.
Older documents and most of the photos on some DVD's. After initial shock
now I accept what has happened and I decided to work on my personality to
change attitude towards taking unnecessary risk. There is no place for that
if I want to be professional in what I do.

I think this is a good idea, to try to put the message through, especially
to less knowledgeable users, about the loose nature of the relationship
between the pass phrase and the real cryptographic key, which does the
whole job underneath.

Thanks to all.