[dm-crypt] please HELP - can't acces encrypted LVM after linux reinstallation.

Aleksander Swirski aleksanderswirski at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 19:56:11 CET 2011

Arno, I'm glad that this info will be now in the FAQ. About my system being
sound - can't quite agree on that. Just got a tiny little bit of luck in
this unlucky situation. My habit of always writing some most important
passwords by hand, made all the difference between 'disaster' and
'apocalypse' :)

I will also try to push this info to the debian devs. I'm not sure how to do
that properly (hint appreciated). I know, that the route of installation I
took is not a common one, but a simple warning would suffice to avoid this
kind of trouble. After all my encrypted LVM and specifically the /home
partition within LVM wasn't listed among those, which are to be erased at
any point during the installation. (I marked them with - K - keep the data)