[dm-crypt] Password is not accepted

Ask Me sblood at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 21:13:32 CEST 2011

Hi

Now I'm having a strange problem. First I thought that I was getting old and had forgot my password but now it happens more then once.

When I reboot my computer and try to open my encrypted device with "cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/vg_home/home_private lv_encr" I get the message that my password is not accepted.
But if I reboot it again and wait for a few minutes and try the command again it's successful.
Is it possible that it needs time to activate? It's a LVM array. But my /tmp and swap is encrypted at boot and they works (I hope =) )

My setup is
sda1 -> LVM -> dm_crypt -> xfs

//Martin