[dm-crypt] Password is not accepted

Arno Wagner arno at wagner.name
Wed Sep 21 01:43:54 CEST 2011

Very strange indeed. Is this repeatable?

LUKS itself does not need any time to activate. LVM
should not need more than fractions of a second.

Meybe a thermal issue with RAM, CPU or PSU that has the
password iterations fail when cold and work when warmed
up? For CPU/RAM this would be strance as cold CMOS
circuits work better than hot ones. For the PSU, it
is possible that failing capacitors reconstiture a bit
after warm up. Anyways, sounds like a hardware issue to
me.

Arno