[dm-crypt] LUKS with shared partition on cluster environment

Peter Svacho peter.svacho at me.com
Tue Apr 10 20:14:22 CEST 2012

Hello,

I would like to ask you whether LUKS is possible to use on cluster environment.
I have two nodes. From each node I can see shared disk partition from disk array. I want to know whether it's possible to use LUKS for this shared partition. I can imagine that I can setup LUKS from one node but I don't know what should be done on second node. For example when I restart first node pass the passphrase for LUKS during the boot process for shared partition, system start up with encrypted partition. But what happen when I try to restart the second node.

I would like to setup Oracle ACFS (ASM Cluster Filesystem) on encrypted partition.

Thanks for answer.

Peter