[dm-crypt] why nbytes for block cipher encrypt/decrypt is only 512 bytes

Rodel Miguel rodelfmiguel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 11:28:54 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am implementing a hardware encryption driver but I am having some
performance issues.  One of the areas of performance improvement that I am
thinking is to increase the number of bytes (unsigned int nbytes) that my
block cipher driver's encrypt/decrypt function gets; from 512 to 4096
bytes.  My hardware can be maximized to 4kbytes.  Do you have any
suggestions how I can maximize the en/decrypt performance by getting more
than 512 bytes of data every time the block cipher's encrypt/decrypt is
called?

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind Regards,
Rodel