[dm-crypt] Help

Arno Wagner arno at wagner.name
Sun Apr 22 10:59:32 CEST 2012

If you cannot afford to lose the data, then surely you have a
backup (see FAQ) and a header backup (see FAQ)? Having a single
copy of vital data on an unreliable storage medium is not a
good idea, encrypted or not.

Now, if you really did luksFormat a device with LUKS data on
it, then all that data is permanently gone (rather obvious,
also see FAQ). If not, then maybe describe what happened so
that it is possible for us to reconstruct it?

Arno