[dm-crypt] ioctl missing

Laurence Darby ldarby at tuffmail.com
Wed Aug 1 21:26:44 CEST 2012

Milan Broz wrote:

> "Check that kernel supports aes-cbc-essiv:sha256 cipher" is clear,
> check you have AES, CBC mode and SHA256 crypto compiled in!
>
> (I guess sha256 is missing for some reason.)

Doh...  I didn't trust that error message because I knew my kernel
config had support for all the ciphers needed, I had added it as a
module when I first started using cryptsetup ages ago, to avoid
rebooting, but normally I run with everything built-in, and I forgot I
still had that as a module, so I didn't run make modules_install for
the new kernel... :(

Laurence