[dm-crypt] Building error

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 11:39:56 CEST 2012

On 08/08/2012 11:10 AM, demo demo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My goal is to manage crypted devices using own C program which should include and use Cryptsetup API.
>
> In order to start I'm first trying to build the example files but I got the following error:
>
> # make
> gcc -O0 -g -Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE   -c -o crypt_luks_usage.o crypt_luks_usage.c
> crypt_luks_usage.c: In function ‘format_and_add_keyslots’:
> crypt_luks_usage.c:85: error: ‘struct crypt_params_luks1’ has no member named ‘data_device’
> make: *** [crypt_luks_usage.o] Error 1
>

> It's on CentOS 6.2, cryptsetup 1.2.0

The example is taken from more recent version of cryptsetup source (data_device was introduced later).

Whatever, in this example just comment out this line setting data_device to NULL
and it will work even int RHEL6.

(I will perhaps remove it upstream as well so the basic example compiles even on older versions of library.)