[dm-crypt] veritysetup support for files

Milan Broz mbroz at redhat.com
Fri Aug 10 13:12:40 CEST 2012

On 08/09/2012 07:27 PM, Wesley Miaw wrote:

> The result I need is one file that contains a filesystem image (this
> would have already been created ahead of time), a second file that
> contains the raw hash data for that filesystem image, and a third
> file containing the dm-verity table parameters. I am creating the
> last file by redirecting veritysetup stdout to a file.

Ah, ok. So your only request is that raw hash data image is created
automatically as file (if parameter is not a block device directly)
and that this file doesn't need to be pre-allocated, correct?

I think I can do it even without introducing new library function
(I really do not want next context constructor type here).

I'll reply once I will have something ready for testing.