[dm-crypt] veritysetup support for files

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 12:02:13 CEST 2012

On 08/10/2012 01:12 PM, Milan Broz wrote:
> On 08/09/2012 07:27 PM, Wesley Miaw wrote:
>
>> The result I need is one file that contains a filesystem image (this
>> would have already been created ahead of time), a second file that
>> contains the raw hash data for that filesystem image, and a third
>> file containing the dm-verity table parameters. I am creating the
>> last file by redirecting veritysetup stdout to a file.
>
> Ah, ok. So your only request is that raw hash data image is created
> automatically as file (if parameter is not a block device directly)
> and that this file doesn't need to be pre-allocated, correct?
>
> I think I can do it even without introducing new library function
> (I really do not want next context constructor type here).
>
> I'll reply once I will have something ready for testing.

Can you try current git version?

I changed device helpers so loop is now allocated only when it is neccessary
for device-mapper (where block device is always required).

Veritysetup now also create new hash image in format (if not already there).

It still need root privilege (in some command just to initialize DM) but
I think it should works as you need now.

Let me know if it works for you please...

Thanks,