[dm-crypt] Encrypt all partitions with dm-crypt

Arno Wagner arno at wagner.name
Thu Aug 23 09:28:56 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 07:40:34PM +0400, Stayvoid wrote:
> > you need to map and mount it manually.
>
> I've never tried this before. Could you be more specific?

In this case, I strongly suggest you find out a lot more
about what you want to do before you do it. Otherwise
you may compromise security without intending to.

The man-page and FAQ for cryptsetup are a place to start.

> I understand how to use "mount." What I don't understand is how to
> enter the system when my home is encrypted. I guess that I won't be
> able to login. Is this correct?

You could log in as "root"? You need to do mapping of
encrypted drives as root anyways...

> Could you also tell me what I should have in fstab?

Whatever fits your needs. I wouldn't know.

Arno Wagner,    Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform.,   Email: arno at wagner.name