[dm-crypt] request for new API to found out is a volume is a luks volume or a tcrypt volume

.. ink .. mhogomchungu at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 23:58:54 CET 2012

Is it really problem to do 3 simple steps? (init, load, free)

> Milan

NO,its not. I based my code from "action_tcryptDump" and
"action_open_tcrypt" functions but i based it largely on
"action_open_tcrypt" function and i assumed i needed to use
"crypt_activate_by_volume_key" as a confirmation check if it is a truecrypt
volume and the reason why i asked for the API function is because
"crypt_activate_by_volume_key" adds an entry in "/dev/mapper/" and i was
hopping an API would avoid that.

If all i need to do is call "crypt_load" with the params argument then the
requested API is not important. Thanks for a quick response.