[dm-crypt] [Off topic] Re: Fwd: saout.de mailing list memberships reminder

Markus Krainz ldm at gmx.at
Thu Dec 20 18:08:16 CET 2012

Am 20.12.2012 17:05, schrieb Alasdair G Kergon:
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 04:55:09PM +0100, Markus Krainz wrote:
>> I think the forwarded message speeks for itself :)
> And your point is?
>
> It's a compromise that seems to work pretty well for all sorts of reasons amply
> debated elsewhere.
>
> Similarly, the mailing list manager doesn't require every message to be GPG
> signed yet the lists don't fill with forged email.
>
> Alasdair

It just seems odd that I get about 10 of those from various lists every
month.
Why would you even store your users passwords in clear text an email it
periodicly? This just seems like an idiotic idea.

You're right, this is probably not the place to discuss this. Do you
have a link to where this is debated?

Best, Markus