[dm-crypt] (no subject)

.. ink .. mhogomchungu at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 08:12:47 CET 2012

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Milan Broz <gmazyland at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/30/2012 12:15 AM, .. ink .. wrote:
> >
> > i meant "tcrypt" for "truecrypt".
> >
> > Way to test.
> > 1. create a truecrypt mapper.
> > 2. call "crypt_init_by_name" to create context through the opened mapper
> and the function call will fail.
>
> interesting, cryptsetup close (action_close) uses this and it doesn't fail
> here...

I think i have found the problem,here is a test to show it:

[root at mtz build]# cryptsetup open --type tcrypt /home/ink/src/truecrypt
tcrypt
Enter passphrase:

[root at mtz build]# cryptsetup status /dev/mapper/tcrypt
/dev/mapper/tcrypt is active.
Device /dev/mapper/tcrypt_1 not found

[root at mtz build]# cryptsetup status tcrypt
/dev/mapper/tcrypt is active.
  type:    TCRYPT
  cipher:  aes-xts-plain64
  keysize: 512 bits
  device:  /dev/loop0
  loop:    /home/ink/src/truecrypt
  offset:  256 sectors
  size:    40448 sectors
  skipped: 256 sectors
  mode:    read/write

As the above two commands show with "status" argument,the command fail when
the given path is full path.

"crypt_init_by_name" shows the same behavior,it fail when the path given is
full path and pass if it is only the name of the mapper.

I have always used full path on the second argument with
"crypt_init_by_name".