[dm-crypt] [ANNOUNCE] cryptsetup 1.6.0-rc1

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 12:40:06 CET 2012

On 12/30/2012 11:20 AM, Arno Wagner wrote:

> Milan: I think presence of if_alg.h should be verified in
> the configure script, possibly with a brief explanation what
> the problem is on fail. The compile-error is a bit obscure.

TBH, I completely forgot to add this... :)

Committed to git - by default configure fails with
checking linux/if_alg.h usability... no
checking linux/if_alg.h presence... no
checking for linux/if_alg.h... no
configure: error: You need Linux kernel headers with userspace crypto interface. (Or use --disable-kernel_crypto.)

The switch --disable-kernel_crypto completely removes support,
so you can compile it with old kernel or without kernel headers.
(But no cipher benchmark and no tcrypt will be available.)

> One error on make-check: "lsblk: command not found"
> => UUID check failed.
> Seems lsblk is not available on Debian squeeze. It is
> in wheezy though, so that should fix itself with a bit of
> time..

Added requirement for this tool otherwise test is skipped.
(Test are intended for experienced users or distro maintainers only anyway.)

Thanks,