[dm-crypt] Twofish 3-way

Milan Broz mbroz at redhat.com
Thu Jan 12 16:22:59 CET 2012

On 01/12/2012 04:06 PM, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since kernel 3.2 there is a new parallelized variant of twofish
> available via
>
> CONFIG_CRYPTO_TWOFISH_X86_64_3WAY
>
> How can I use it with LUKS/dmcrypt? My current config contains the
> following:
>
> # CONFIG_CRYPTO_TWOFISH is not set
> CONFIG_CRYPTO_TWOFISH_COMMON=y
> CONFIG_CRYPTO_TWOFISH_X86_64=y
> CONFIG_CRYPTO_TWOFISH_X86_64_3WAY=y
>
> How should these options be set up properly?

You cannot set directly which version is used through dmcrypt interface,
(without patching kernel source) but cryptoAPI should detect the fastest
algorithm automatically.

For separate modules, force load just that module and unload all other
should perhaps work as well (before crypto device activation).

(see /proc/crypto and lsmod modules reference count to check which one
is really used)