[dm-crypt] cryptsetup luksClose

Marc Schwarzschild ms at TheBrookhavenGroup.com
Mon Jan 16 15:48:13 CET 2012

I am setting up an external USB encrypted drive. I can mount it
manually after I boot the computer. I understand that I must
issue the 'cryptsetup luksClose' after I umount the disk. How do
I arrange for this as part of the Debian halt process so it
happens automatically when the server is shutdown? What happens
if there is a power failure and 'cryptsetup luksClose' was not

Thank you,

Marc Schwarzschild 212-580-1175 The Brookhaven Group, LLC