[dm-crypt] Bypass encrypt and decrypt data in dm-crypt

FAN ZHANG fzhangcsc at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 16:56:38 CET 2012

All:

We are using dm-crypt for Android device encryption.  However, we need reserve some sectors in block device for status and integration check and do not want to encrypt/decrypt some sectors when using dm-crypt.

So in crypt_convert_block()

When
offset sector of ctx +  sector number of bio_in  is the range of bypass sector list.

instead call
if (bio_data_dir(ctx->bio_in) == WRITE)
 r = crypt_copy_write_data(bv_in, bv_out, offset, 1 << SECTOR_SHIFT); else  r = crypt_copy_read_data(bv_in, bv_out, offset, 1 << SECTOR_SHIFT);

I want to call another function to copy data of a sector from
ctx->bio_in to
ctx->bio_out directly.

I tried the following implementation

in ps_copy_write_data()

struct bio_vec *bv_in = bio_iovec_idx(ctx->bio_in, ctx->idx_in);
struct bio_vec *bv_out = bio_iovec_idx(ctx->bio_out, ctx->idx_out);
struct page * page_in = bv_in->bv_page;
struct page * page_out = bv_out->bv_page;

void * addr1 = kmap_atomic(page_in, KM_USER0);
void * addr2 = kmap_atomic(page_out, KM_USER1);

unsigned int offset = ctx->offset_in;

memcpy(addr2 + offset, addr1 + offset, 1 << SECTOR_SHIFT);

kunmap_atomic(addr2, KM_USER1);
kunmap_atomic(addr1, KM_USER0);

but above implementation works for read (since bv_in and bv_out are same for decryption) but does not work for write.

It seems that
memcpy(addr2 + offset, addr1 + offset, 1 << SECTOR_SHIFT);

fails to copy page associated with bv_in  to page associated with bv_out

Could you give me a hint to reslove this issue?

Thanks

Fan