[dm-crypt] Bypass encrypt and decrypt data in dm-crypt

Milan Broz mbroz at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 21:19:58 CET 2012

On 01/18/2012 04:56 PM, FAN ZHANG wrote:
> All:
> We are using dm-crypt for Android device encryption.However, we need
> reserve some sectors in block device for status and integration check
> and do not want to encrypt/decrypt some sectors when using dm-crypt.

Please can you describe exactly what you need?

I will not accept any patch in dmcrypt which bypass encryption,
but I think the problem is solvable using combination
of dm targets, or  using some trick.

But I still have no idea what problem you are trying to solve...
(Please do not describe implementation, describe the problem.)

Thanks,