[dm-crypt] cryptsetup build question

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 22:17:16 CEST 2012

On 07/02/2012 07:08 PM, Simpson, John R wrote:
> I believe I’ve answered my own question.

Well, you should never link to these internal things.

But, in RHEL5 there is old cryptsetup 1.0.3 and shared
library is quite problematic to use.
Anyway, please be sure you are using cryptsetup from RHEL 5.8,
(cryptsetup-luks-1.0.3-8) there were important fixes.

For RHEL6 and upwards, you should be able to use
libcryptsetup as normal shared library.

You can find some examples here
http://wiki.cryptsetup.googlecode.com/git/API/index.html

> I’ve been tasked with adding support for a local passphrase system to
> cryptsetup.

Hm. What it means?
(And isn't simple binary wrapper/script simpler?)