[dm-crypt] [ANNOUNCE] cryptsetup 1.5.0-rc1 (add veritysetup)

.. ink .. mhogomchungu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 20:08:06 CEST 2012

>  veritysetup format <data_device> <hash_device>
>    Formats <hash_device> (calculates all hash areas according to <data_device>).
>    This is initial command to prepare device <hash_device> for later verification.

I just cruised over mentioned docs and didnt find an answer.The only
thing i saw is that <data_device> and <hash_device> can be in the same
device in the DMVerify wiki page but nothing about relative sizes.

Does the <hash_device> need to be the same size as <data device> ? If
not, does the space taken by <hash_device> grow as some sort of a
function to the size of <data_device>?

>  veritysetup create <name> <data_device> <hash_device> <root_hash>

Does this mean a user will have to store the <root_hash> generated in
the formatting stage and supply it everytime a mapper is created? Is
the <root_hash> supposed to be a secret?