[dm-crypt] Option "validate passphrase" for command cryptsetup

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 15:41:29 CEST 2012

On 06/19/2012 02:29 PM, Arno Wagner wrote:
> I think having this functionality is a good idea.

>> Trivial to add to code... (while I am doing another RC today, it can be done
>> today even ;-)

Added --without activation option for luksOpen
http://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/source/detail?r=a38fcafcff9ae75feda12bc84d04b2cdaa591f9f#

# cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdc x --without-activation -T 1 ; echo $?
Enter passphrase for /dev/sdc:  (good passphrase)
0

# cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdc x --without-activation -T 1 ; echo $?
Enter passphrase for /dev/sdc:  (bad passphrase)
No key available with this passphrase.
2