[dm-crypt] Option "validate passphrase" for command cryptsetup

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 16:17:06 CEST 2012

On 06/19/2012 03:54 PM, Thomas Bächler wrote:

> I find the option name --without-activation to be quite long and hard to
> type. Is there any reason why you didn't choose '--dry-run' as you first
> suggested?

Actually I wrote --dry-run, --no-activate, --no-activation, --without-activation
on paper ... and then asked someone here what's the best:)

Well, I think this option will be rarely used and I guess it is mainly for use
in scripts. Option name says exactly what it is doing.

The name --dry-run in more generic, as user, I would expect it can be used even
for slot commands etc.

If you have better name for it, no problem to change it still.