[dm-crypt] exclusive flag trouble

Javier Juan Martínez Cabezón tazok.id0 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 11:27:22 CET 2012

Hi until now I used a tool to make hidden partitions called scubed (is
something like a partition tool that used cryptsetup to create the
needed volumes (really old but worked fine)

http://cube.dyndns.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/scubed.c?diff_format=l&sortdir=down&logsort=rev&sortby=log&view=markup&root=scubed

- I get realized from this:

http://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/issues/detail?id=105

With scubed you create five cryptsetup levels in the same device and
with all unlocked you assign needed blocks to each of them with scubed)

I haven't get troubles with this is able for example to create read only
media (dvd+-r) with multiple ciphered layers.

Here is the readme (with a mini tutorial):
http://cube.dyndns.org/svn/scubed/trunk/README

I think this will not be compatible with --shared flag. If this is
correct is there any possibility to make non-exclusive flag available if
cryptsetup will not control resizing partitions if not an underlaying
tool? (as
this one does that use dm-linear I think?)

If not at least can be enabled the non-exclusive flags to read only media?

Thanks for your time.