[dm-crypt] LUKS/ dm-crypt/ ext4 appears to be single threaded

Roscoe eocsor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 15:51:52 CEST 2012

Hey David,

I've frequently found performance in Linux while running an IO intensive
process to leave something to be desired, though I've only delved as deep
as changing IO schedulers to resolve this. I'll be interested to hear what
you find.

As for hard drives with built-in encryption, I'd suggest avoiding them
unless you have some reliable assurance that they work as you believe they
do. It's just too easy for an invisible implemention detail (mistake or
intentional) to result in compromised security.

Regards,

-- Roscoe