[dm-crypt] cryptsetup --iter-time default should be configurable (and reported in --help)

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Nov 20 20:02:06 CET 2012

Hi folks--

I just noticed that the default for cryptsetup --iter-time isn't visible
in the output of cryptsetup --help.

I went looking to change this, and saw that the default is neither
configurable nor easily extracted.

The attached patch should make the default for this parameter
configurable (e.g. ./configure --with-luks1-iter-time=1000), as well as
reporting the compiled-in default in the output of --help.

I'm not currently subscribed to the dm-crypt mailing list; please Cc
me on replies.

Thanks very much for all your work on dm-crypt -- it's a valuable
component in the operating systems i use!

Regards,

     --dkg