[dm-crypt] Reconsidering default options for cryptsetup-reencrypt

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 10:00:47 CET 2012

On 11/23/2012 07:07 AM, Arno Wagner wrote:

> I think you do. I also think that HW raid is a bit exotic on Linux
> these days, as SW RAID gives better features and often better
> performance.

If you work in enterprise environment, this is definitely not true :)

And for some strange reasons, cloud environments are more
and more popular where "elastic" storage means usually some
virtualized HW storage array.

Also there are SSD drives which uses internally RAID0 to speed
up operations (in reality it is more independent SSD drives inside).