[dm-crypt] verity for GRUB?

Geoffrey Thomas gthomas at mokafive.com
Tue Oct 9 06:36:42 CEST 2012

Hi Mikulas et al.,

I'm planning on porting verity to GRUB for validation of a disk image before loading further GRUB configuration / a kernel from it (specifically as part of Secure Boot support for my company's product, MokaFive BareMetal). Before doing this, though, I wanted to check if you knew of any existing effort along these lines.

If not, are you willing to relicense dm-verity.c and/or libverity as GPLv2+ instead of just GPLv2, so that I can just use that code with GRUB (GPLv3+) instead of reimplementing it?

Thanks,
--
Geoffrey Thomas
gthomas at mokafive.com