[dm-crypt] verity for GRUB?

Geoffrey Thomas gthomas at mokafive.com
Wed Oct 10 23:43:04 CEST 2012

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012, Milan Broz wrote:

> Is there anything from libcryptsetup you want to use or it is just about
> kernel code?
>
> If you want to use code from cryptsetup (cryptsetup/lib/verity/*), what exactly
> you need and which licence is ok for you (GPL2+ or LGPL?)
> (GPL3 will be incompatible with other cryptsetup code.)

Hm. I _thought_ I could adapt lib/verity/verity_hash.c for what I need,
but it appears to only support a whole-disk verification, not verification
of individual blocks. That said, if you're willing to take patches to
extend libverity's API, I can add the functionality I need. I believe that
GPLv2+ should work fine for GRUB.

I'm talking with Mikulas about whether the kernel code can be relicensed,
since that is closer to what I'm trying to do.

--
Geoffrey Thomas
gthomas at mokafive.com