[dm-crypt] cryptsetup not working under 3.6 - regression from 3.4?

Ondrej Kozina okozina at redhat.com
Mon Oct 22 16:27:33 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 10/21/2012 10:03 PM, Tvrtko Ursulin wrote:

>> Hm, so it should work without problem. Can you paste full output of failing
>> cryptsetup command (with added --debug switch) and your full kernel .config?
>
> Attached.

are you sure the attached kernel .config is the correct one? I haven't
been able to compile the kernel with it at all. It reports: "unmet
direct dependencies" so it doesn't look as valid config file to kernel
3.6.1 to me. On the other hand, there's 3.6.1 kernel mentioned in the
.config header. It looks to me the file is somehow messy.

Anyway If I run make oldconfig over the supplied .config file,
everything works fine for me.

With regards
Ondrej