[dm-crypt] cryptsetup not working under 3.6 - regression from 3.4?

Tvrtko Ursulin tvrtko at ursulin.net
Mon Oct 29 21:14:13 CET 2012

On 29/10/12 19:47, Milan Broz wrote:
> On 10/29/2012 08:31 PM, Tvrtko Ursulin wrote:
>> Just tried 3.6.4 and it is still broken. Is there anything else I could
>> try to debug this?
>
> See response from response from Ondra on dmcrypt list - your kernel config
> is perhaps broken.

I don't think that reached me - perhaps I was not copied.

Weird yes, I mean no one can spot anything bad with my config...

> Please use fresh checkout, run make oldconfig and try again.
> (Many people use 3.6 already and there is no other report.)

... and I just used it today to configure a fresh 3.6.4 (plus -rt10
patches) without a problem.

Unless RT patchset is the culprit. Hm.. that would be unexpected, but I
guess it is worth a shot. I'll let you know what happens without -rt.

Thanks,

Tvrtko