[dm-crypt] newbie qs on dm-crypt

Anil goodnewsforyou at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 23:14:09 CEST 2012

Thanks for replying.
You said,
"Ciphers and modes are the job of the kernel, not dm-crypt."

I am trying to understand if proprietary software can be used with dm-crypt.
I read it is in GPL mode. Which version? GPL v2, v3, LGPL...?
For example, there is some in-house proprietary developed code for AES-XTS.

If I understood your reply correctly, then dm-crypt will call these functions loaded into the kernel and there will not be any problem as the GPL code (dm-crypt) will not be linked with the proprietary code.
Is that so?